Modal Lenzing produced with beach wood cellulosic mostly grows in Austria and also in neighboring countries. Tencel TM is the trademark flagship of the Lenzing brand for textiles. Tencel is produced by Lenzing the Austrian company, made from 100% wood pulp and a lyocell material. Also, it is a completely natural product consisting of wood pulp, making it completely biodegradable, sustainable, and making it an option as eco-friendly.
How sustainable is Tencel?
Tencel Fabric is 10 times more ecological as compared to cotton. Less water consumption as water is used in regeneration for production. No synthetic solvents or pesticides are used in the production process. 100% botanical fibers harvested from fast-growing and sustainably natural trees.
Tencel is made from cellulose derived from wood pulp, usually taken from trees which is a green material. The process involved is called “closed-loop solvent spinning” to produce regenerated cellulose material as Tencel fiber. This solvent is reused and residual is nontoxic which can be recycled and further reused. The solvent used in this process is non-toxic and is recycled and reused, which makes Tencel environmentally friendly.
Tencel is biodegradable, meaning it can naturally decompose without causing harm to the environment. Furthermore sustainable as the production process needs less water compared to cotton and the production process is carried out with solvents that are non-toxic and recycled.
“From forest to fiber/shirt”
It is sustainable due to the following reasons
- sustainable forest
- Closed loop production process
- No harmful chemical
- No plastic pollution
Properties of Tencel
” Good for the planet, best for your skin”
Tencel/ Lenzing or modal is a soft texture in touch and breathable. We can say is softer than silk, more breathable, and more absorbent and anti-wicking for sweat or moisture than cotton. Also superb than linen. Tencel fabric has excellent natural temperature-regulating properties.
- Moisture wicking
- Quick to dry
- No odor stays fresh
- Wrinkle resistant
Moreover, Tencel is known for its durability and its strength good drape properties, and enhanced properties when blended with other fibers. Also very delicate and need a special Tencel fabric care tips guide. The major benefits of Lenzing/ Tencel in reality is
Performance feature of modal( Lenzing)
- Anti creasing
- Low shrinkage
- Anti creasing
- Color bonding
- Wicking effect
- Ecological Benefits
The blending of modal( Lensing)
- Modal +wool
- Modal + synthetics
- Modal+bast fiber
- Lensing modal 0.s
- Lensing micro modal 1.2
- Lensing micro modal air 1.4+
- Pro modal (a blend of Tencel and modal)
Flame retardant fibre as (Lensing FR)
Lensing FR is sustainably produced with flame-resistant properties and is cellulosic fiber-based.
- Cellulosic fiber.
- Protect from heat stress and flame
- Produced from Beachwood
- High fiber tenacities
- Used in protective clothing
- Flame resistance substance incorporated in fiber cross-section not removed by washing/ abrasion
- Excellent moisture management and breathability
- Keep body temperature controlled
uses of modal
Trousers, jackets, used in the electric area, molten metals, and also, flash firs.
Tencel ( Lenzing) lyocell
Tencel(U.S. brand name) fiber in fabrics basically, acts as a protective shell
- Regulates temperature of human-body
- water balance maintains
Hence, Tencel is like the skin of the human body. Also, It is ideal for all sensitive skin as a smooth fiber surface and excellent moisture absorbance create a positive environment for a healthy body,
Completely natural hygiene due to perfect moisture management and high absorption capacity protects skin from bacterial growth. Hence Tencel causes an environment for no bacterial growth.
- Produced from wood forest plantations
- More absorbent than cotton
- Softer than silk
- Cooler than linen
- More Tencel more oxygen
Eco-friendly uses 10~25% less water
- Fibre’s unique fibril structure having extremely small hairs assure the optimum transportation of moisture 50% better than cotton.
- Much smoother and softer on the skin due to the smooth structure of the fibers. Facial masks and skin lotion, used in cosmetics
- Bactria grows very less due to perfect moisture management
Uses of Tencel
Bed covers, sleep dresses, mattress cover lingerie, shirting, denim and also, active athletics, etc
But more importantly, we need to understand how to care for such a wonderful product so those are the top 5 suggestions for utilizing and caring for Madal (Lenzing or Tencel TM ) fabrics.
Top 5 suggestions for utilizing and caring for Tencel apparel
- Tencel is naturally resistant to odor. So, there is less need to wash out after every wear.
- Do not overload your washing machine
- Only dry by air, do not tumble dry.
- Iron at low temperatures.
- You can fold or hang your Tencel ( Lenzing) shirt in the closet.
Fiber length and fineness
- 1.3dtex 38mm
- 1.4dtex 38mm
- 1.7dtex 38/51mm
- 2.2dtex 51mm
Also, Strength 36 CN/Tex